Search This Blog

Monday 6 September 2010

Kids Sweets

I haven’t come across any kid as yet who doesn’t like sweets. Even in my childhood, my friends used to eat so many sweets, from chocolates and candies to anything that tasted sweet. I, being a preschool teacher, used to spend most of my time with kids. I have noticed that parents quite often put something in their children’s lunchboxes that taste. During the break periods kids sweets always got the canteen cash registers ringing and ringing.
With the passage of time one’s preferences and choice changes. There is immense difference in the sweets that I used to eat in my childhood and the kids sweets that are consumed today. I was a bit curious to know whether today’s kids like the traditional sweets that I used to eat in my childhood, so I decided to conduct a mini survey at my school. There was a small talent show in my school so I decided to offer some traditional sweets as a prize. I thought this would give me an idea about this generation’s preferences.
I went to the candy shop to buy some traditional sweets. It was a long time since I had had the chance to go there. It wasn’t that I don’t like sweets; I love sweets, but I just hadn’t bought any for ages.
After searching for a while for the sweets in the candy shop, I noticed that I couldn’t find any of the traditional sweets I had enjoyed so much when I was younger. I decided to ask for assistance from the salesman. He told me that he only had contemporary kids sweets in the shop but he gave me the contact numbers and addresses of some shops that might stock what I was looking for.
Thanks to his advice I found the candies I was looking for. I bought the candies to school and there I was pleasantly surprised to see that the kids loved them. This clearly proves that no matter from what era the sweets emanate from, they will always be popular and loved by the current crop of kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment