Search This Blog

Monday 9 May 2011

I Can Spend Hours In A Sweet Shop

I can spend hours in a sweet shop, trying to become a child again. There is always a child in every one of us even though we do not always want to admit it. This is the reason why we have never gotten over our love for sweets. We all love sweets, especially retro sweets. I’m sure we all remember trying to get our hands in the sweets jars at home, being bribed with sweets to get some chores done at home or even paying off our friends with sweets. Life seemed simpler back then.

Even after several years, I can spend hours in a sweet shop; spoilt for choice among the sweets in the shop. It is often the highlight of any shopping day; trying to choose which sweets I want and settling for my favourites from my childhood.

Amongst my favourite is Space Dust popping candy: it is one of the most fun sweets of all time because it crackles and explodes on your tongue. I still can’t seem to get over the excitement of the popping sound of these sweets. Parma Violets are also personal favourites, thanks to their unmistakable flavour. The demand for Parma Violets is high; it seems I’m not the only one in love with retro sweets. I can spend hours in a sweet shop, trying to decide which among Black Jacks, Candy Canes and Lollies to choose from. I love the colour Black Jacks leave in the mouth, the minty taste of Candy Canes and the many colours and flavours of Lollies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment