Search This Blog

Monday 23 May 2011

I Need A Quarter Of Sweets Now

I need a quarter of sweets now; whatever sweets. I do not have specific sweets in mind, and even if I can confess to having tasted a lot of sweets, I cannot say that I’m satisfied and settled on one particular brand. I love all sweets. I have a taste for retro sweets, pick and mix sweets, sour and American sweets. I love the Wonka brands and some UK sweets and once in a while I will indulge in some exotic sweets from India and the Middle East. I am an all-rounder and this is the reason I find it hard to settle on a particular kind of sweet.

I have a special bias for those sweets that were there since I was born. Some brands I now love were enjoyed by my grandparents when they were growing up and the thought that I have something to connect to their past is overwhelming. In fact, I need a quarter of sweets now; brands that were there before I was born and which are becoming better and better with age. I can get a little indecisive when I’m choosing the retro sweets I want but I always make sure I have some Flying Saucers or Jelly Belly beans with me. I love chocolate bars and hard boiled sweets as well.

I need a quarter of sweets now; and even as I’m a lover of sweets from decades past I’m still very much a 21st century sweets lover who appreciates more modern brands. I can’t get enough of lollies, chewy, soft sweets and other hard boiled brands from this century. The different tastes and flavours are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment